Not even Gianluigi Buffon can stop him anymore
Barcelona put in a superb performance on Tuesday night, seeing off Juventus 3-0 at Camp Nou thanks to two goals from Lionel Messi and one from Ivan Rakitic.
It was another sublime performance from Messi, who added to his already impressive collection of records with a few more brilliant stats.
Check them out….
- Lionel Messi finally scored his first ever goal against Gianluigi Buffon.
- Not only that, it was his first touch in the Juventus box during the game (Opta).
- Messi has now scored 59 goals in 58 games in the group stages of the Champions League (La Liga).
- Messi now has 96 goals in the Champions League (UCL)
- In all competitions, the Argentine has now scored seven of Barcelona’s last 10 goals (Squawka).
- He has also has 14 goals and four assists in his last eight Champions League group stages games (Squawka).
It wasn’t just Messi who posted some brilliant statistics, check out a few of these too:
- Barcelona’s win was the first time Juventus have EVER lost 3-0 away from home in the Champions League (Opta).
- Barca have now gone 23 games without defeat in the Champions League group stages at Camp Nou, scoring 73 goals and conceding just 12 (Squawka).
- Gerard Pique completed 48 of 50 passes against Juventus (WhoScored).
All in all, a great night’s work.